We’re uniquely invested. Are you?

Join teams of extraordinary professionals and make an impactful difference at our portfolio companies

Curriculum Developer



Software Engineering, Education
London, UK
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2024

Founded by mathematicians and cyber defense experts in 2013, Darktrace is a global leader in cyber security AI, delivering complete AI-powered solutions in its mission to free the world of cyber disruption. We protect more than 9,000 customers from the world’s most complex threats, including ransomware, cloud, and SaaS attacks.

Our roots lie deep in innovation. The Darktrace AI Research Centre based in our Cambridge, UK headquarters, has conducted research establishing new thresholds in cyber security, with technology innovations backed by over 130 patents and pending applications.

For more information on our cutting-edge technology, visit darktrace.com.

The Curriculum Developer will develop and implement training programmes for customers and partners within Darktrace Academy. This multilingual position requires a detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills and the ability to navigate the complexities of different technical training programmes. This role requires an element of teaching (up to 20% of the workload), with the rest focusing on curriculum development (80% of the workload). By learning how to teach our classes, you’ll be able to see these materials in action and implement improvements.

This is a permanent position based out of our Cambridge or London Office, with expected attendance of 2 days a week.

On a day-to-day basis you'll be:

Reporting to our Head of Curriculum Development. This role touches on all aspects of developing technical training materials such as Darktrace's training courses for both on-demand and instructor-led delivery, including slides, manuals, and questionnaires. You'll also be designing new training courses for various personas and users of Darktrace products, including working with wider teams to determine the necessary course content. Additionally you'll be:

  • Working with other training team members to produce high quality on-demand training content for the Darktrace Academy,
  • Working on the development of Instruction materials such as training manuals, presentations, training agendas and quizzes,
  • Teaching Darktrace courses both virtually and in-person for public and private deliveries.

More about you:

We welcome applications who possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as you will interact with various internal and external stakeholders. You must have a comprehensive understanding of the various elements associated with developing and managing technical training programmes, including documentation formatting and learning progression. You'll also have:

  • A university degree in a technical subject such as engineering, computer science, physics or mathematics is required, with a 2:1 or above,
  • Proficiency in one or more European languages (e.g German, Spanish , Portuguese etc.),
  • Proven experience in training and/or curriculum development in a technical capacity,
  • Qualifications in teaching e.g. PGCE (desirable),
  • Experience with industry standard content development tools i.e. Adobe Suite (InDesign, Captivate, etc.), use of media and instructional design techniques.

Benefits we offer:

  • 23 days paid holiday, increasing to 25 days after two years’ service plus UK bank holidays.
  • Additional birthday day off.
  • Salary Sacrifice pension scheme with 4% employer contribution and minimum 5% employee contribution.
  • Optional BUPA private medical insurance with premiums for you and your immediate family.
  • Life assurance with a benefit of 4x your annual basic salary.
  • Employee Assistance Programme offering both on-line and telephone support and resources to you and your family.
  • Cycle to work scheme.
  • Active social and charity initiatives including our matched charitable giving scheme.